Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Prayer to Jesus Forsaken


This prayer was posted by “Tantamergo” on A Blog for Dallas Area Catholics, and I thought it was too beautiful not to pass on.

Yes, as Tantamergo notes, it does seem reminiscent of Lent, but then we must not forget our Lenten lessons.  And the prayer certainly evokes the message of Divine Mercy.
Sweet Jesus! For how many ages hast Thou hung upon Thy Cross and still men pass Thee by and regard Thee not!

How often have I passed Thee by, heedless of Thy great Sorrow, Thy many Wounds, Thy infinite Love!

How often have I stood before Thee, not to comfort and console Thee, but to add to Thy Sorrows, to deepen Thy Wounds, to spurn Thy Love!

Thou hast stretched forth Thy Hands to raise me up, and I have taken those Hands and bent them back on the Cross.

Thou hast loved me with an infinite love, and I have taken advantage of that love to sin the more against Thee.

My ingratitude has pierced Thy Sacred Heart, and Thy Heart responds only with an outpouring of Thy Love in Thy Precious Blood!

O Divine Jesus! lonely tonight (today) in so many Tabernacles, without visitor or worshipper…..I offer Thee my poor heart. May its every throb be an act of love for Thee! 
Thou art always watching beneath the Sacramental Veils in Thy Love!! Thou dost never sleep and Thou art never weary of Thy Vigil for sinners. O lonely Jesus! may the flame of my heart burn and beam always in company with Thee! O Sacrament Most Holy! O Sacrament Divine! All praise and all thanksgiving be every moment thine!

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis!
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis!
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis!

No comments:

Post a Comment